Union poisťovňa, a.s. offers health insurance for foreigners coming to Slovakia for a short or long term period. Foreigners, who are not required to be insured in public health insurance, may apply for contractual health insurance. Based on their needs they can choose for package which covers short or long term healthcare, urgent or complete healthcare.
Contractual health insurance is tailor-made for foreigners, who:
- do not have permanent stay in Slovakia
- are applying for permanent or temporary stay in Slovakia for any reason
- are managers or employees of companies without seat or fixed establishment in Slovakia
- are diplomats, who have diplomatic privileges according to the international law
- managers and members of limited liability companies
- members of statutory authorities, administrative and supervisory boards, limited partners of limited partnerships
- are students, who don´t study in Slovakia according to the international or bilateral agreements, but they pay the tuition fees on their own
- are tourists visiting Slovakia
- are sportsmen and their coaches
- are lecturers or scientists coming from abroad,
- are family members of these persons (children, husbands, wives)
- Special insurance package: Slovak citizens with permanent residency in Slovakia, who currently reside abroad for more than 6 months and are excluded from public health insurance for this time, might apply for contractual health insurance for their short term visit in Slovakia.
Subject-matter of insurance is covering the expenses of healthcare provided in the scope of:
- Urgent healthcare – urgent treatment in a case of an injury or disease, emergency healthcare, treatment of the acute pain, stop bleeding OR
- Complete healthcare – full treatment in a case of an injury (incl. medical rehabilitation), full treatment of any acute or chronic diseases including follow-up treatment, prevention, dispensarisation and monitoring of the patient, vaccination for the children and maternity/newborn care. Additionally, this package also covers treatment of diseases, which have been diagnosed before arrival to Slovakia, if the client truly informed Union about his health condition before signing Insurance Policy.
Our contractual health insurance provides coverage for:
- out-patient care - general practitioners for children and adolescents, general practitioner for adults, specialists and preventive examinations, contracted and non-contracted medical doctors with Union
- in-patient care
- emergency medical service
- medicaments, pharmaceutical products, healthcare aids (only prescribed by a medical doctor)
- diagnostics and therapy treatments provided by a medical doctor
- acute dental treatment in a case of an accident or to relieves pain
- transportation (incl. Helicopter) of disabled persons in emergency situation to protect the life and health
Insurance claim (insured event) is an injury or illness for which treatment necessitated cost of medical care provided to the insured persons during the insurance period
Territorial validity: Slovakia
Insurance premium is calculated individual according to the age of client, his medical condition, length of insurance period and purpose of stay in Slovakia.
Insurance can be arranged only if the applicant does not have acute health problems require any medical treatment at the time of negotiation.
We welcome you to share with us any positive or negative experience.
In the case of injury or illness is medical care provided by our contractual doctors and healthcare providers listed below. To identify your insurance will be required to demonstrate with your passport and the UNION insurance card.
If your medical services are provided by the doctors who are not on the list (non-contractual doctors with the Union) in rare cases it may happen, that you have to pay the cost of their own resources. We will immediately pay back the cost to your bank account at the end of claims settlement. Please, inform us through Insurance Claim Form for declaration of claim.